Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Big Night in Cow Town, a Victory for Birds, and Mind over Sick

Well, so much to blog, so little time. It has been so busy at my house with trying to get ready for Christmas, and extra fun social outings, that I have hardly had any time to spend on the computer. This is probably a good thing. I have also wasted hardly any time in front of the TV.
One major highlight of this busy-ness was our trip over to Fort Worth on Monday night to see the GREAT Doc Watson at the Bass Performance Hall. What an amazing show. If any of you guys are feeling a little low, put on some Doc Watson, and that should fix you up real quick. If you don't know who that is, go on over to Amazon.com and listen to some sample tracks, like Shady Grove, or Windy and Warm, and so forth. Doc Watson is 81 years old, blind, and one of the best guitar players you will ever hear. Hurry!
I give the city of Fort Worth, at least the downtown/Sundance Square area a solid A. They have it all decorated and festive, with a giant tree in the middle of the square. I am a big fan of Fort Worth. It is like Dallas-light. I would also like to recommend a restaurant across from Bass Hall called Angeluna, where you can get an appetizer called a Shrimp, lobster, andouille blini tower, or somesuch, which is one of the best things I've ever eaten. The next morning, I had lobster guilt as usual, but I got over it.
So, Yay for Doc Watson, Fort Worth, and blini towers!

Also, as you probably all know by now, the hawks are going to be able to rebuild their nest! So, those of you who signed the petition, your voices were heard, and it worked! It is a shame that there was some apparent harassment of some of the building's tennants. Such behavior was unnecessary. Anyway, way to go Audubon Society! I am excited that I will be able to pay these hawks a visit in a couple of weeks.

I am trying to get sick. Actually my body is trying to get sick, but so far, my mind and my juice/vitamin/salt-water combo is stopping it. I do not have time to get sick until at least January.

Back to work...

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

I dig Doc, I have a Bill Monroe Doc Watson cd that is true greatness. keep stay