Monday, May 29, 2006

The Sprayer















This morning as I was leaving to go celebrate Memorial Day with my family in Garland, the construction crew was arriving. I didn't expect them to work today, since it is a holiday and all. But there they were. They worked yesterday too, even though it was Sunday. I said to one guy, "You're working today?" He didn't speak much English, but he replied, "Yes, I am the sprayer." Um, OK. So when I got home from celebrating, I saw that the sprayer had been very hard at work, spraying the walls with texture. The sheetrock crew was back too. These guys really work hard. They work so hard that I'm not really even mad at them for breaking the curtain rod in my bedroom. If I wasn't so pregnant, I would make them a cake or pie or something. Anyway, the room is looking good and more importantly, nearing completion.

Speaking of pie, my mom made the best Memorial Day fruit pie today. She got the recipe from a recent Martha show...it is on the Martha Stewart website and it is called mixed berry slab pie or something like that. It is GREAT, and we had home-made ice cream to go with it. I recommend this pie for your next gathering, especially since berries are in season and so delicious. My mom said it was easy to make.

One week from today, the Peanut will arrive. It is very hard to believe. I am trying not to freak out, and so far I am doing a good job. We will see how I feel next Sunday, though.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Now let me tell you about that dessert- YUMMY! I was there- it was FABULOUS!! And Tara looks great!! I think she has actually lost weight instead of gained in her pregnancy- so all you mom's out there- be jealous- very jealous! She looks marvelous!! just marvelous!

Julie said...

Last night I had my pie that your mom sent home with me- ummmmm mmmmm. it was soooo yummy!! I think I will need that recipe!