We have one tulip this year. Here it is from the outside
and from the inside.
What a change from my last post which featured lawn furniture covered in snow. That's Texas for ya.
So, after two cancellations, countless delays, lost luggage, and apparently the poopiest diaper in the history of ever (don't ask, I didn't), Daphne and Kev arrived in New York last Thursday where they enjoyed lots of good times with Kev's family, including some sing-alongs, Easter Egg hunts, and a HUGE announcement. It seems I am going to be an aunt for the third time! Woohoo! Congratulations, and all the best to Kim and Marty and their little chickpea. K and M are going to be the most awesome parents. And bonus: Now I will have a new baby to make stuff for. Yay!
Meanwhile, I have been in Texas. At home. ALONE. I have about an hour before I have to leave for the airport, and although I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed my free-time, I cannot wait to see my little family.
Here is a quick breakdown of my big week:
- Cleaned Daphne's room and closet. Got rid of stuff. Put away some toys for future rotation. Assembled new small shelf/stand for the diaper wipes so they are no longer on a tower of empty boxes.
- Went shopping with my mom in Historic Downtown McKinney and the Allen Premium Outlet Mall. Had pie.
- Sewed: a skirt, a pair of pants, a pair of pj bottoms, and a shirt for Daphne, a skirt for me, and a coaster and a tissue holder with some scraps just for fun.
- Did a couple other secret projects.
- Watched three movies on PPV: Superbad (A-...the minus is for too much swearing), Stardust (B+...the plus is because Robert DeNiro was great), and August Rush (C).
- Finished the novel I was reading.
- Went to IHOP. Yuck.
- Ate Haagen Daas coffee ice cream with magic shell.
Then there was this morning, my last free morning. What a whirlwind. I got up at 7:30, put some pork in the crockpot, started some laundry, went to breakfast at the coffee shop, drove through the carwash, stopped by the fabric store, went by Tom Thumb for some bread, went to the party store to get airport balloons for Daphne, dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, and made it to the nail place by 10:00 for one last treat: a pedicure. Happy Feet! Then when I got home, I prepared corn fritter batter for dinner, put a loaf of lemon poppy quickbread in the oven, and blogged. That is why the title of this post is PHEW.
Time to check on my bread and prepare for my family's arrival.
See ya later.