Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Too Hot for Housepants? Wait 'til Tomorrow!



Here is some snow that happened on Monday night. Two nights before, Kev and I walked to a restaurant, sat outdoors on a patio and ate dinner. Today, it is warm...probably 65-70. Tomorrow it may snow again. So, there ya go. Texas in March.

Kev has taken a (very) short-term contract (3 months) in Dallas, so we're here at least for a few more months. No decisions have been made after that. It seems likely that if we move, it will be to Virginia or some such Washington DC area state. It isn't a lot of fun feeling temporary and uncertain all the time, so I probably won't talk about it much on here. Just wanted to give you the latest.

On the Peanut front, we are making some progress on the potty. She has earned 9 Muppet Show stickers thus far. Every day she makes us laugh by saying funny things like "This is my friend Daddy" or "My name is holly, I live in a tree like squirrels and stuff" or "Baa baa black sheep, any any wolves." She also sings songs a lot. Songs from The Sound of Music, and a lot of Dan Zanes. We love Dan Zanes. He used to be a Del Fuego, you know.

I really like American Idol this season. I am for the dreadlock kid, the cute little 16 year old boy, or the Carly Simon girl with the long blond hair.

Last night, we watched The King of Kong on PPV. It was awesome. You should watch it, especially if you are from the 80s like me.

Next time I blog, I will tell you about a great book called What is the What. I don't have time to do it justice right now because I am getting ready to finally go to the restaurant of all souffles. Our dinner there got cancelled last week, so we are going tonight. I'll let you know how it is.

This blog is for Julie because she complained.

5 comments:

marty said...

Let me just take a minute to thank Julie.... I need more LRHS

Julie said...

Thank you! I too need more LRHS. :) I am not overly excited at the idea of a move but understand. don't like it AT ALL! but okay. :(

marty said...

I understand your not keen on a move Julie ... but you can't be a Peanut hog. The rest of the world (especially her east coast uncle) would love to see the Peanut move closer.

Gye Greene said...

Thx for the blog entry! :)

Yeah, I don't like uncertainty, either. Among other things, it disrupts my sleep.

Yep - kids say fun stuff! :)


--GG

Gye Greene said...

Dang it; forgot to tick the "send me the follow-up comments" box.


--GG