Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Focaccia-cha-cha, Pancho Returns!, and Yo Yo Mommy



On Sunday, I went with my mom to a baking class at Sur la Table. It was really fun, and we learned how to make herbed focaccia among other things. So I decided to make some at home. There it is, above. It was my first time to make a bread from scratch with yeast, and it turned out really good and made the house smell great. Next time, I shall use more herbs. I was too conservative.



This morning, we realized we did a bunch of laundry including a stick of lip balm which was left in a pocket accidentally. There are now oil spots all over lots of our clothes. My favorite skirt is ruined. RUINED! As we were lamenting this situation, I looked into the back yard, and who came scampering across the lawn but Pancho, our long lost possum, this time with MRS Pancho following right behind. They apparently have moved in under our back porch. Welcome back, little friend. Please don't bite the Peanut! If you have forgotten the tale of Pancho, you can search this blog for more posts, or listen to this PPHPHB classic (scroll down to Song for Pancho):





That is Julie and Rob on vocals, by the way. Great work.


This morning, Yo Yo Ma was on Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, so we got out the old family cello and sqeaked around a little. I love Mister Rogers. I hope he has a show about going to the doctor soon. And maybe one about how you can't really eat oatmeal with your fingers.

One more quick thing. Daphne has all these Playschool Little People, like 12, and all but three have disappeared. While they were in NY, I looked all over for these missing Little People. I looked under the couch, between the cushions, everywhere I thought Daphne could have possibly shoved, stuffed, or hidden them, and no luck. They're just gone. I'm thinking about offering a reward. Where have all the Little People gone??!! It's a mystery.

OK, so there's a quick blog for ya. I haven't forgotten about What is the What, but it deserves a post I can concetrate on.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

The Little People were most likely taken by the Borrowers. They will eventually be returned in fine shape when you least expect it.

Julie said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! She's back!!!!!!!!

Gye Greene said...

Wow! Lotsa blog entries all at once! :)

"Where Have All the Little People Gone?" would be a good album title (or song).

The Girl has them Little People, too. Although the last few months she's been ignoring them in favor of other stuff.


Hm! Now **we** need a ''family 'cello''. Is it more yours, or more Kev's? Or is it a joint thing? Does 'cello play a part in any of the PPHPHB songs?


--GG