Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Night Blog

Dear Blog,

I miss you.  Out of nowhere, I have become this person with a lot of stuff going on.  I'm spending all my time working on PTA stuff, planning Daisy Scout stuff, dealing with inconvenient fake medical issues, contemplating my future occupation, and watching six-hour baseball games.  Meetings, appointments, training classes, rain delays.  In between all that, I have managed to squeeze in some leisure activities:  First Friday, a cider-tasting party, Elvis Costello in DC, breakfast with my family at South Street, an afternoon with Kev at a winery.  But there has been no time to blog. Or stroll to the coffee shop.  Or read.  Or knit.  Although I should probably be knitting during these six-hour baseball games. 

As exhausting as all this stuff is, I have to say it feels sorta good to have something to do beyond being "Mommy."  I feel like I am actually making a contribution to the world outside my house for the first time in a long time.  And the funny thing is, I think it has been good for Daphne.  I can't explain it, but since I've been busier, her behavior and moods have improved. 

The downside is that I'm not getting much sleep and the house-cleaning is minimal and Kev happens to also be really busy at the moment so whole-family time is minimal too. 

All for the greater good, I reckon.  Things will slow back down soon.

And then, it will be Christmas.

Good grief.

I hope to be back soon.  I have a lot to blog about whenever I can find some time.  Until then, GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Housework is overrated.

Dust builds up the immune system.


--GG