Saturday, October 01, 2011

October. Yes.

 Today is October first.  So, Daphne and I made pumpkin bread.  I'm not sorry to say goodbye to gloomy September.  The man on TV said there was only one sunny day the whole month.  I believe it.  October is off to a cold and rainy start, but I have high hopes for crisp sunny days this month.  The yucky September weather brought me down and made me sleepy and lethargic.  I haven't been able to get things done.  Like blogging.

The pumpkin bread is really good.  And tonight we're having Giada's white bean and chicken chili concoction.  We're starting this month off right.

Last week was busy.  I have a lot going on these days with suddenly being part of the PTA and the Girl Scouts and a new business venture.  Plus, we celebrated my mom's birthday, I went to DC to see Elvis Costello with my brother, and last night was Kev's company picnic, otherwise known as the "Work Festival." Good stuff, but I'm exhausted.
On top of all that, Kev and Daphne have both been sick, and I haven't been getting nearly enough sleep.

But things are gonna change now.  Because it is October.  The very best month of the year.  So, bring it on.  Time to make chili.

PS.  Go Rangers!

No comments: