Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Good Times, The Slow Continues


This is Walker Texas Robot.  He was built over the weekend by Daphne and Kev from a kit that Kev got for his birthday.  I tried to post a video, but it didn't work.


Since Mardi Gras was coming, we celebrated on Sunday with some Slow Cooker Creole Red Beans and Rice.  Delicious.  Details coming soon on the other blog.  I hope.


Yesterday, I went to a big parking lot full of trucks and trucks of Girl Scout cookies.  Sixty-one cases were loaded into my little Subaru. Then, I brought them home and unloaded them into the playroom. 


 Daphne thought this would be a good place to do her reading homework.


We have also been working on Valentines for the class party.  This year, we're doing Shrinky Dinks.  Definitely good times.  But a little labor intensive.


Kev and I got to go to lunch and a movie on Saturday.  We had awesome Lightfoot crab bisque and saw Argo, which was really really good.  I like going to the movies.  I wish we could go more often.

I feel good about our pace at the moment.  We're doing Just Enough stuff.  We're not bored, but we're not overwhelmed.  How long can it last?

2 comments:

jilly donuts said...

Great pictures! I LOVE the shrinky dinks - what a great idea and execution!!

Smart of Daphne to go in a little reading nook - at her age, I probably would have snuck open a box, too :-)

Gye Greene said...

Claustrophile: a lover of small enclosed places.

--GG