Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Hello...


So, it's January now.  2015.  And I haven't blogged since the Great Mouse Invasion of Last Summer.  When I left off, we were just about to catch and release "Lucky," our seventh, and thankfully LAST, mouse.  I hope blogging about it doesn't jinx it, but since then we have been critter free.  So in spite of all the wild internet rumors that are probably flying around out there on the facebook about the reason for my sudden absence, we were NOT overtaken and enslaved by the mice.

Why did I stop blogging?  I don't know.  August was busy, and then school started, and then suddenly it was Christmas.  I have a lot to catch up on, I guess.  Today, it snowed but school is going on as scheduled.  Last year, this would have caused at LEAST a two hour delay, but there's a new superintendent in town, and it looks like he means business.  Facebook is on fire with mad mommies.  Reports are that the roads are pretty bad, but luckily Daphne only has to go 2 blocks on the bus, and our street is looking pretty clear.

It's quiet here. It's still snowing.  It's that really pretty sparkly snow that looks like glitter is falling.  I figured if there was ever a good time to finally blog a new blog, this is it.  Plus, I am avoiding having to take down Christmas.  I just can bring myself to do that yet.

The problem is, I am so far behind on this blog that I don't know where to start.  I think what I should probably do is go back through my pictures from the last several months and do some "flashback" posts to get myself caught up.  

But here is what is on my mind today.  New Year.  I like that.  I need that.  The holidays were sometimes fun, but also tough and stressful and really sad at times, and I am ready for a fresh start.  Yesterday at Wegmans, they were playing Hall and Oates, and Van Morrison, and REM, and it was so nice to listen to regular songs again instead of Santa Baby for the 700th time.

This year is going to be good.  I can already tell.  So stay tuned for that.  

2 comments:

K. said...

The LRHS is back in business! Yay!

Gye Greene said...

Tara,


Glad you're back! :)

I used to follow about five "personal" (i.e. non-woodworking) blogs -- of people who I'd never personally met -- just because they were nice people who wrote well.

But they all eventually wandered off. I a-feared you had wandered off as well. Glad to see that you're still a-blogging. :)


--GG