Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Showers and Thunderstorms

So our visitors from the north have come and gone. The weather was crummy, cold and damp, almost the entire time they were here. On Friday night, there was a huge Texas-style thunderstorm with lightning that shook the house. Normally I love those storms, but this one kept me and most of my guests awake and flooded my back yard. Luckily, the bad weather didn't put too much of a damper on our visit with Kev's family though. We still had a lot of fun, and a lot of good food, including tapas one night, and barbeque another.

On Saturday, there was a baby shower, which was really nice. I was glad we could do it while Kev's mom and sisters were here, and it was cool that they all came down for it. My aunt came from Indiana too, and was a lot of help. In spite of having to be in the spotlight for over two hours, I had a really good time, and I appreciate all the hard work that went into making it so nice. I had some help too...Whitney's girls brought me gift after gift, and helped me open them, which was funny, plus it took some attention away from me. I got a lot of really nice gifts, which I also appreciate, and I think I am just about ready for the peanut to arrive now. I've got everything but a crib and a name.

The only down side to the shower is that, as usual, I felt like I didn't get to talk to everyone enough. I really tried to make the rounds and talk to people, but just like at the wedding, there were some people I barely remember even saying hello to. I'm sure people understand, but I still feel bad.

On Sunday, the sun finally came out, so we got to spend a little time outside. We took the whole crew to the lake, where we fed the coots and ducks, got chased by some geese, and played on the playground with my nephew. After the New York group left, we went to lunch with the Boston people, and actually ate outside. It was lovely.

Yesterday was a perfect day (70) and today it will be 80. You just never know about February in Texas I guess. Good news is, it's March now.

I will try to post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Um -- I'm guessin' that ''the coots'' doesn't refer to the old folks sittin' on the benches?

--GG

Julie said...

It was great to see Kev's family- I am sad I didn't get to stick around to meet his dad but I was just not feeling well. For sure next time- maybe we can sing a duet! Tell Kevin to start writing one! :) or we can do an old church hymn!! George Jones Tammy Ynette style! ??