Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Blog Rut

So, it's about 9:15 pm and the baby is taking a cat-nap. This could be bad news, as it might mean she will be difficult to get to sleep after her next meal, which is at about 9:30. Since she is asleep, I have 15 minutes to do whatever I want (except go to sleep, which is what I want most), so I have decided to blog. My blog is in danger of becoming nothing but baby photos, and it has been suggested that I write something more interesting or risk losing the 2 or 3 readers I have left. Problem is, nothing interesting, or at least nothing non-baby-related, ever happens to me these days. My life is like the movie Groundhog Day, except in 3-hr cycles instead of 24-hr ones. Not that I am complaining. At least it is an excuse to stay home and avoid going outside in the hot hot heat. Summer will be over before I know it, and except for the berries going away, I won't miss it a bit.

There are other things i'd like to do with my 15 minutes, but it's too late a night to start on projects. I have a scrapbook to make (too involved), some housepants to hem (need help pinning them up), some thank-you notes to write (I'm too cranky for that), and my melodica to practice (too loud). And there is also the half-finished novel I haven't picked up since the Peanut's birthday, but I am too sleepy for reading comprehension.

Well, my 15 minutes is up, and after re-reading this, I don't feel I used the time wisely. Sorry to both of you reading this. I will try to come up with something better soon...

3 comments:

Julie said...

You are hilarious- at least we got a list of things you could be doing out of you! :)

whitneydonkey said...

i will faithfully read whatever you write.

Gye Greene said...

I keep checking in every week or so (due to limited internet access, not dis-interest).

The baby:restOfLife ratio gradually balances out (says the dad of a 2yr-old). Hopefully, we'll get even more free time once she stops putting arbitrary things in her mouth.

I'd say give the melodica a go. Ralphie sleeps directly underneath The Kid's bed, and she sleeps right through his explosive fits of barking: she's used to it. ;) Maybe your bubby will do likewise w/ Mommy's Melodica.

--GG