Monday, July 31, 2006

Marathon Weekend

Would you believe it if I told you I did two marathons this weekend? Well, it's true. First, there was the all-day Saturday Star Trek marathon. Now, I have never watched Star Trek. That is until I met Kev. I have now seen about 10 episodes, and I have to admit I enjoy watching it. Probably not for the right reasons, though. I watch it for the comedy. I have to really try hard not to laugh out loud and risk offending people in my house that like Star Trek for other reasons. But man, oh man, is it a funny show. How can you not laugh at James T Kirk being pursued VERY slowly by a Sleestack-looking lizard man, giving Kirk just enough time to find everything he needs to make gunpowder, not to mention materials to make a gun and something to light it with. HI-larious.

Speaking of hilarious, also this weekend I was treated to a Hee-Haw marathon. Hee-Haw is hilarious because of the clothes. Such wide collars and impressive mutton-chops are rare on TV these days. Plus, there is the genius of Mr. Buck Owens to make Hee-Haw watchable. The stuff that is supposed to be funny, however, sadly is not. The jokes seem like they came from a joke-book like the ones I checked out from the library as a kid. But I loved watching it. I remembered the words to all the songs from the reglar skits. This is the kind of stuff taking up space in my brain that I should probably be using for math. Oh well.

We had a great weekend. When I have more time, I shall blog about Geo-Cache-ing. For now, I need to pay some bills before the Peanut wakes up. Happy Last Day of July!

1 comment:

john clarke said...

What channel was the Hee Haw marathon? If it was on TNN, that's probably why I missed it.

As a kid, I thought Hee Haw was the stupidist show on television and I didn't understand why anyone would like country music. But I finally appreciated Buck Owens around 1990 when Dwight Yoakum showed me the way by covering "The Streets of Bakersfield."

I'd love to watch this on Tivo so I could forward past Junior Samples and get straight to "Pickin" & Grinnin'".