Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Daddy's Little Fatty

Have just returned from my first trip to Central Market with the Peanut, and I will say it was a success. She cried (screamed!) all the way there in the car, so I thought the trip was doomed, but she fell asleep just as I pulled into the parking lot, and slept the whole time I was shopping, and is in fact still asleep in the car seat, which is how I am able to blog. It is my first full day going solo with Daphne, and I am a little scared, but I intend to prove to myself I can handle it. Our friends in New York have a two-year-old boy and infant twins, so I reckon I can deal with one good little baby for 8 or 9 hours (shout out to Nate and Angela and their crew).

Had a nice weekend with Kev's parents who came to visit. They stayed in our new room, which is finished. I will post pictures sometime, but I can't say when. I was telling them over the weekend that when I was pregnant, I had these big ideas that after the baby came, every morning I'd take her to the lake or the Katy trail for a walk, and then she'd take a nap while I did laundry or other chores, and then I'd leisurely read a book or magazine, and it was all very blissful and serene. HA! I've been assured those days will come...don't know if I'm buying it. I'll be lucky to get a shower today. I know it's gross, but I may have to choose between a shower and a nap, and I'm gonna pick nap. Well, time to see if I can get the baby out of the carseat without waking her up. It's time for her to eat (again!) anyway.

Come visit us...we have room now!

4 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Naps **always** trump showers. ;) Just pretend you're back in college (during finals week?).

In terms of productivity, the golden zone is when they sleep a lot, but aren't yet mobile (walking). IMO. ;)

I'm hoping the other golden zone is when they're old enough to sit in one place and color or read -- and not put weird things in their mouth!

Has Kevin done a solo run with her yet?

--GG

whitneydonkey said...

no comment as to "when it gets better".
guy is right, they are cutest at 10 months. very smiley and not mobile. thats when you think you can handle two. hence the 20 months apart(hattie and stella).

whitneydonkey said...

I'm sorry Gye, I messed up on your name.

Julie said...

What a cutie! I am sure you did just fine on your solo! I am glad to hear she likes CM- good for you! I am guessing that it has to get easier as my little Sugar Bean is pretty easy most of the time and she is 10 months and 11 days!