Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mosquito Be Gone

Today at breakfast, my friend Ken bragged that he has only been bitten by mosquitos four times in his life. "They don't like me," he said smuggly, over his huevos rancheros. If this is true, Ken could become a bazillionaire and a hero to mankind if he could figure out a way to bottle and sell whatever he has that the mosquitos steer clear of.

The place where we ate breakfast was called the Divine Coffee shop. Ken's 7 year old son, Audie, calls it "the old lady restaurant." Everyone in there looked like they lived at Del Boca Vista with Mr. and Mrs. Seinfeld. Audie is funny. He hadn't seen us for a while, and on the way into the restaurant he said to Ken, "Well, it looks like we answered one question. Daphne is gonna have orange hair when she grows up just like on Scooby Doo."

On a completely unrelated note, I would like to informally poll the 2 or 3 readers I have left on the topic of putting on your shoes and socks. In my little family, one person puts on both socks before putting on both shoes (right sock, left sock, right shoe, left shoe). The other one puts a sock and shoe on one foot, then a sock and shoe on the other foot (right sock, right shoe, left sock, left shoe), thus throwing the world way out of balance and causing the first person to feel very uneasy. (FYI: The second person is not Daphne, as she rarely wears shoes at all.) Please tell me if you put YOUR shoes and socks on the right way, or the crazy way. Thanks.

3 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

I think I do both, but probably 90% of the time I put on both socks and then shoes.

I like blogs I can be a part of.

Julie said...

I think i put on one sock- and shoe then the other sock and shoe- now it totally depends what socks and shoes I am wearing- as if it is trouser socks with heels- then both trouser socks first then shoes right before I walk out the door- if it is tennis shoes- then definately sock- shoe- then sock shoe- :)

Julie said...

ps- that is also how I do gracie- sock shoe sock shoe