Friday, August 01, 2008

Illin'

On Tuesday, my digestive system suddenly turned against me. I will spare you the details, but it wasn't pretty. There was a scary moment when I was so dehydrated that I almost blacked out while I was brushing my teeth. Blacking out is no fun. If it has never happened to you, you are lucky. It happened to me before when I was in the hospital right after Daphne was born. I got all dizzy, hot and cold at the same time, and everything started to get black and spotty. They had to carry me to the bed and use smelling salts on me. This time it wasn't quite that bad. I made it back to bed myself and put up my feet. But dehydration is nothing to mess with, man. Don't let it happen to you.

Anyway, I had to spend all day Wednesday in bed getting absolutely nothing done and feeling like I'd been hit by a bus. I couldn't even knit or read. Fortunately, I had my nice family to take care of me, so thanks to them I am doing much better now. I still can't really eat anything very substantial. And I am going kinda crazy from not having coffee for three days. Kev made some this morning and it smelled so good.

Now, I am way behind on things like blogging and returning email and chores and so forth. Sometimes I feel like I'll never catch up with my life.

On a completely unrelated note, I am seriously thinking about getting the lasik.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am sorry your so sick! I have been dehydrated a couple times where I had to go get fluids and I felt a ton better then- I hope you feel much better real soon!!

The lasik would be cool!

Gye Greene said...

Impressive stuff! Glad you're feeling better.

(How come ladies in movies don't ''swoon'' any more, like in the '40s and '50s? Probably hard to swoon glamorously while brushing your teeth...)

Lasik: a friend had it done ; loved it -- **although** he said that the Dr. totally under-estimated how long (ended up being a full week?) that things would be all blurry -- which totally nuked his productivity at work (he's an I.T. guy, so kinda hafta be able to read a computer screen...).


--GG