Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Very Texas Weekend


 Our visit with our friends from Texas went by way too quickly.  Hikes were taken.  Beavers were found.


Good food was eaten with nice people in cool places.


Pies were made and eaten.  Pie-making secrets were learned.


The kids seemed to have a really good time.  They played music.  They built forts.  They dressed up in costumes.  They picked carrots and peppers and tomatoes.  They watched movies and ate s'mores.  They got along.


And I got to visit with two of my very favorite people.  We went for a really nice dinner at the Wine Kitchen and dessert at Tuskies.  We ate pie.  We watched Project Runway together.  We talked.  We knitted.  So great.  I miss them already.

We will be taking a trip to Texas.  Like maybe in February when we're sick of winter and need some sunshine.  I hope Emily is finished with all of her rooms by then.  Or at least the guest room.

Tomorrow is my birthday.  I am trying to decide what to do (eat).  I think I want something I usually never get to have, like pizza or macaroni and cheese.  I will let you know what I decide.  Off to deal with Daphne, who is going through withdrawal.  She is having a hard time adjusting to having no other kids in the house.  At the moment, she is flopping on the couch and whimpering.  "I don't know what to DO."  Good grief.

No comments: