Monday, September 19, 2011

Soup Days

Well, fall has definitely arrived around here, and we've had two different soups to prove it.  I made potato soup last week, and Kev made chicken soup over the weekend because Daphne was sick.  She loves that soup.  She calls it "Daddy's famous chicken noodle soup," even though there are no noodles, and she eats every bite without giving us any dinnertime trouble. 

It's been really overcast, and I haven't felt like doing much.  I am looking forward to those crisp sunny fall days that make you want to be outside.  Lately, I just want to curl up under a blanket and read.  Or better yet, sleep.  I lost quite a bit of sleep over the weekend, because when Daphne gets sick, no one sleeps very well.  But she's on the mend, and there are sunny days to come, and I am sure a new groove is on the horizon.

In other news, I have had my first experience as part of the PTA.  I swear I never thought I would end up in a PTA, but here I am.  And I am now in charge of the lollipop tree at the school's Fall Harvest Festival.  And I think I might end up also being the leader of the Daisy Troop.  So, somehow in the matter of one week, I have become all Small-Town-Mom-ified.  I fear it's not my scene.  Time will tell.  Maybe I should do what my friend Jodi said, and drive around listening to the Clash really loud for a while to make myself feel better.

But I think I'll take a nap first.

No comments: