Tuesday, September 18, 2012

More Toast


Not only have I been making toast to eat, but I have also been making Toast to wear.  The other day, I was telling my friend Jill that I really wanted to knit this pattern, called Toast, for some fingerless gloves (or what may be more appropriately called arm-warmers).  And she said something to the effect of, "Tara.  Just knit them already.  You've been saying that since I met you."  Which is apparently what I needed to hear because, guess what!  I did!  Well, I knit half of them, anyway.  I still have to do the other one.  But I love this one so much that I am motivated to get the other one done.  Sometimes, there is an upside to getting sick and sitting on the couch for a couple days.  (Please ignore the hanging out ends that haven't been woven in yet).

And then, I am going to knit another pair in a neutral color, like grey, and make them a little longer.  I kept these ones shorter because I was afraid I might run out of yarn before I finish the second one.

And then, I am going to get back to the cardigan I started...um...I can't remember when I started it.  It was a long time ago.  I have been procrastinating.  It's a LOT of knitting, and kind of complicated.  Not easy instant gratification like Toast.  But I know that if I ever when I finish it, I am going to be really proud of it and wear it all the time.  So I just need to do it. 

Right now, though, I am going downstairs to test something I saw on Pinterest.  Results coming soon, so stay tuned!

PS.  I learned two things with this project.  Double pointed needles aren't so bad, and it's hard to take a good  picture of your own arm.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

If you only make a single arm-warmer, you can always use it when you take up archery.


--GG