Sunday, July 13, 2014

Vacation - Whales!


It's amazing how hard it is to catch up on things after being away for a week.  Blogging just hasn't been in the cards lately, but I have a few minutes and thought I'd start catching up here.  Our trip to Cape Cod was pretty amazing in lots of ways, but I think I'll start with the whales.  

I love whales.  Kev and I went whale-watching in Maine many many years ago, and I really wanted to do it again with Daphne.  So one day during the trip, we drove up to Provincetown to spend the day and see some whales.  

While we waited to board the Dolphin X, we took advantage of a couple of photo ops.  Daphne is a pretty good photographer!  (I love bouys).



Aboard the boat, patiently heading out to sea:




And finally, we saw THIS GUY!



I cried when I saw him.  Daphne immediately decided to become a Marine Biologist and wouldn't leave her spot at the front of the boat.  She looked up at me and said, "This is the best day of my life."  It was amazing.  Being that close to a whale is something special.

We found out that this was a humpback named Timberline who is being tracked and studied by the scientists on the Cape.  We also saw a finback on the way back to the dock.  Seriously one of thecoolest  things I have ever seen in my life.  And watching Daphne made it even better, because she was even more excited that I was.

Up next, the beach, and lobsters and crabs and things.









No comments: