Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Serenity Now!

I am sitting in my office. I was supposed to see three kids today. The first one cancelled, the second one no-showed, and the third may or may not be coming because the parents are "unhappy with the program." So here I sit, slowly but surely losing complete confidence in my abilities as a Speech-Language Pathologist, and making no money today after driving all the way to Plano and sitting for 3 hours. What I really want to do is go down the hall to the vending machine and get something very very chocolatey, but I am blogging instead. Chocolate won't solve anything. And neither will complaining. So I am going to make a list of super fun things to be happy about:
  • It is OCTOBER!
  • It is fall migration, so there are lots of extra birds hanging around.
  • The House Band has been very productive lately.
  • The State Fair is on for another couple of weeks.
  • My last kid's mom just called to cancel, so I get to go home early.
  • Albert the dog.
  • My friend Shannon is coming to town this week.
  • My other friend Whitney is moving back to Texas this month.
  • It's a really long time until summer.
  • Nothing appears to be wrong with my car at the moment.

OK, well, I guess I will go home now. I already feel better.

4 comments:

Robert_M said...

Complaining won't solve anything? Dangit! back to the drawing board. My Blog stratagem is shot.

john clarke said...

Word Tara.

Glad to know that the children of North Texas have the opportunity to speak clearly because you're still on the job.

Also, I agree that cruising the seas isn't that bad. I went earlier in the year. Much buffet eating goes on and it's easy to become embarrassed by your fellow Americans. Still, it's no trip to Cleveland. And you get to see lots of sea water.

Robert_M said...

Blog more!

K. said...

Here are some more things to add to your super fun happy list.

a) Your groove has survived the cruise
b) Friday night is Jamaica night
c) Alvin Straight Snail
d) Halloween is nigh upon us
e) The coffee supplies are plentiful
f) New kids coming for evals
g) Political campaigns are almost over
h) Wedding pictures, finally
i) There may be a corn dog in your future

That is all.