Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Here's One for Brad's Log...

So, my mom says I never listen to her, and I guess today she was proven right. See, she's always giving me great advice like, "Don't fall down," and I'll be danged if I didn't do just that first thing this morning. Back in the days before the Peanut, I used to use the "front" bathroom at our house. Oh, how large and luxurious it is! Alas, it is located right next to the baby's room, so in order not to wake her up, I moved into the bathroom in our bedroom. Now, I'm not really complaining. It's a small sacrifice, and I'm sure it's no picnic for Kev to have to share a bathroom with me. (At least my hair has stopped falling out in big clumps!) But the problem is, his shower is about the size of a phone booth, and it is darn near impossible to shave your legs in there. You have to contort yourself into all kinds of crazy positions and stand on one foot, and that is exactly what I was doing when SPLAT! I fell right down onto the shower floor. I think I emerged uninjured except for my pride. The worst thing that happened was that I got soap all in my mouth and eyes. Anyway, I guess I better start listening to my mom.

3 comments:

Bleach said...

I will have a clinical person contact you within 48 hours.

Julie said...

I am glad you were uninjured- I have the same issue but I am use to the tiny bathroom-

Gye Greene said...

One of my favorite lines from the book THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY:

(From memory...)

Arthur: It's times like these I wish I'd listened to what my mother was telling me.

Ford: Why? What did she say?

Arthur: I don't know! I WASN'T LISTENING!!!


--GG