Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. At last. Christmas is upon us. And I am DONE. Well, except for sending out Christmas cards, which I have had to just let turn into New Years cards.

This has been a difficult year, and a difficult Christmas, for a variety of reasons. But now I am ready to move on and look forward to all the exciting things that are going to be happening in the next several months. Big things, of course, like my parents and brother moving up here to join us, but little things too. Not the least of which is making soup for the Winter of Soup (I got a new Williams Sonoma soup cookbook for Christmas). AND I also FINALLY got my Easybake Oven (thanks, M and D), so there are going to be a lot of teeny tiny cakes in my future. And now that Christmas is almost over, we will be able to concentrate on unpacking and getting more settled. A day is coming when there will be downtime. And knitting.

I had a very nice Christmas Eve, and plan to have a fun day tomorrow. Daphne is all excited, so she'll be fun to watch. She's getting the Big Wheel I bought a couple years ago. Kev put it together the other night and I cannot tell you how badly I wished I could ride it.

I hope all of you have a really great Christmas. Gotta get to sleep now before Santa shows up...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like things are about to really settle. YEA! Hope ya'll had fun Christmas morning!! It was really fun at my house. G was a blast.

Gye Greene said...

Wish could ride the Big Wheel, finally got Easy-Bake: When I was a kid, I **totally** wanted a Green Machine. A few years ago, I discovered that (1) they still make them, and (2) they also make a "big teenager" size!!!

Thus, planning on buying 2-3 big ones, and 1-2 smaller ones. Maybe make a figure-8 path in the back yard out bricks (we're semi-rural, so no sidewalks)...


--GG