Monday, December 15, 2008

The Winter of Soup

I have officially declared this the "Winter of Soup." This means that I am going to make a whole bunch of different kinds of soups this winter since we now live in a cold climate. I am a little worried because Daphne, who used to eat everything, isn't crazy about soup these days, and I don't want dinnertime to be a stressful event. Anyway, feel free to suggest a soup recipe that you like, and I will tell you if it makes the cut this season.

My favorite soups are:
Mushroom,
Lobster Bisque,
Chicken and Dumplings,
Split Pea with Ham,
the delicious Roasted Butternut Squash soup I had in NYC last time I was there,
Cream of Tomato,
and
Gumbo.

Also, I would like to include more goat cheese in my meal plan. Please make suggestions if you have them.

2 comments:

K. said...

Beer cheese
Potato au gratin
Corn chowder
Lentil & sausage
Chicken & wild rice
Veto: cream of tomato

Julie said...

Potato soup
Wild Rice soup

and I hear you on the soup winter- i like the sound of that!