Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Not About Food


So, last night, while I was enjoying an episode of Eat Streets, it was brought to my attention that there is too much about food.  At our house, I cook food, I read blogs about food, I take pictures of food, I blog my own blog about food, and I watch food shows.  In response, I said, "That's ALL I GOT, man!"  And that isn't entirely true, but sometimes it feels like it is.  I spend a lot of time puttering around in the kitchen.  So, today, I am going to try to focus on other things.  Don't get your hopes up that it will be very interesting, though.

OK.  Um...let's see...

Mason jars!  Right now, I am really into mason jars.  I think they are cool.  I even went down into the scary basement to get one for my afternoon glass of iced coffee.  (Does iced coffee count as talking about food?)  I intend to incorporate more mason jars into my daily life.

Music.  I really like the Decemberists lately.  We listened to them a lot during our drive to and from Indiana.  The singer's accent makes me a little crazy at times, though.  But they are still good.  There's another group called The Civil Wars that I like too.  Did you hear that Morrissey got attacked by a dog?! That should inspire some good lyrics!

I think "Shore Leave" is my least favorite episode of Star Trek.  We are half-way through our Season One box set.  Spock is awesome.  Dr. McCoy wears too much eye makeup.  I used to think Star Trek was silly, but now I really like it a lot.

We just had a nice big rain storm here.  Too bad my car windows are down.

I took Daphne to a puppet show at the library yesterday.  She loved it.  I decided I would be pretty happy if I never ever saw another puppet show ever again.  Unless it was the Muppets.

In other Daphne news, she went to an art class with her former preschool teacher and drew and colored that Fish picture over there on the sidebar.  I really like it.  I think we're going to frame it and hang it in the playroom.  Her artwork is not typically so colorful, so this was a nice surprise.

I am getting in the mood to knit something.  Perhaps during Summer Camp.

Well, that's about all I have.  I am now going to leave the kitchen.  Perhaps I'll clean something.

No comments: