Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Camp Project #1






Our upstairs hallway has this little built-in shelf thing on the wall.  I remember when we looked at the house, I thought, "Cool!  A little built-in shelf thing!"  Then, we moved in, and as we unpacked, we just sorta stuck a bunch of pictures on it.  Good pictures of people we like, mind you, but the whole thing was really uninspired.  Yesterday, I saw this picture in Real Simple magazine, and decided that Project #1 during Daphne's summer camp is to re-do that shelf.


I will let you know how it turns out.  Perhaps there will be at least one mason jar.

Nantucket update:  The jar now has $8.36!  Kev said that's enough for a Nantucket souvenir snow globe. 





During the weekend, Kev painted the TV room.  It is sort of a leathery coffee-ish color, and I LOVE it.  My job was to keep Daphne entertained for two days away from her favorite room in the house.  Kev said next weekend is going to be a Weekend of Fun.  I hope so.

OK, I am off to sleep and to make a mental list of Summer Camp project goals.  I will try to post them in the next day or two if I get them written down.  But one goal is to spend less time on the computer, so we'll see. 

PS.  I am totally rooting for Susie on Food Network Star.  She is the best one.  Project Runway starts soon!  Woohoo!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Shelf o' photos: We have one of those -- only it's a china cabinet. When I was unpacking the box of framed photos, I just kept stashing them in the cabinet.

My wife has a bunch of teapots and teacups. They might still be in a box. Not sure.


--GG