Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Peace and Quiet

I was just thinking about this one time when Kev and I drove up to Oklahoma for the day and went canoeing. We were in the middle of a lake in a canoe, and it was very very quiet. I liked it a lot.

Today is Tuesday I think. Yesterday, Kev and I took a day trip to New York City. I think in retrospect taking a day trip to NYC isn't the best idea. By the time I caught up with the pace and got into the NYC groove, it was time to get the train back to Poughkeepsie. But all in all, it was a pretty fun trip. Got to see Bryce, who has gone completely Manhattan. It suits him to be a New Yorker. Also went to the Algonquin to revisit the scene of our engagement. On the train down I met a nice old lady who talked my ear off about her life and such. When we got off the train, she hugged me. She lives by herself in the Bronx overlooking the East River. She is widowed 3 times and has 6 cats. I didn't get her name. Alas, we did not make it up to 74th street to see Pale Male. Maybe next time.

There is snow here. It is pretty. There are also good dogs who sit on my lap and keep me nice and warm. There is not, however, a quiet spot to sit and read a book, which I badly need. So I have decided to blog instead. I would take a walk, but I can't get to my coat and shoes at the moment. Oh well, in spite of such complaints, it is fun being around Kev's family. And today I learned to play a couple of notes on the clarinet. So, there you go. In a couple of days when I get home, I'll probably be complaining that I am bored.

No comments: