Sunday, December 05, 2004

Return of the Christmas Spirit


Today was my annual Christmas Toy Party, which has become our toy party, as Kev is a big part of it these days. This was the ninth toy party, so next year will be the big Tenth Anniversary Toy Party. Pretty amazing it's been going on this long. Anyway, it was really fun, but I have to admit I was a little worried that no one was coming this year. A few staples of the party couldn't make it this year, and not many people RSVPed. But we ended up having a good crowd, and a good mix of people...some old, some new. And most importantly, got quite a haul of toys for the angel tree kiddies. I really made an effort this year to sit down and talk to people during the party. Usually, I am in a sort of frantic hostess mode, and the whole thing is a blur and I feel like a loser for not spending enough time with people. I have a lot of cool friends, and I enjoyed seeing them today. And it put me back into the Christmas spirit. And no-one got locked in the bathroom which is always a plus.
Now, that the party is over, it is time for me to get serious about shopping. I am not even close to being done, and we leave for New York in two weeks. Luckily I feel a post-party groove, which should get me through New Years. Then, all bets are off. I will very likely take a nose-dive into a big post-holiday funk. But maybe knowing it's coming will make it less funky. I hope so. How I hate the funk.
I've just been informed that the Grinch is about to come on TV. Think I'll go spend a little time with the Who's down in Who-ville. By the way, does anyone know the lyrics to the Who's song? What are they saying? It has always bothered me.
Hope you all had a good weekend! Posted by Hello

7 comments:

K. said...

The Internet knows all...

Welcome Christmas
-----------------

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Christmas Day.

Welcome, Welcome
Fah who rah-moose
Welcome, Welcome
Dah who dah-moose
Christmas day is in our grasp
So long as we have hands to clasp

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome, welcome Christmas
Welcome, welcome Christmas Day

Robert_M said...

Really sorry we couldn't make it, we had fever in our funkhouse. We had to skip Lissy's office party also : (

Tara said...

You were missed. Lots of people I know are illin'. I will send you your reserved copy of PPHPHB vol 2 featuring Pancho. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Robert_M said...

I sitll vow bridge building in spite of this setback!

Tara said...

I am most definitely FOR bridge-building. Wanna be in our band? Can you teach us Chili Dog?

Robert_M said...

Todd will sue us.

Tara said...

Todd Schmodd.