Monday, December 06, 2004

Tree Talk

If someone was to ask me, "Say, Tara, what is your favorite tree?", I would answer as follows:
  1. Japanese Maple
  2. Aspen
  3. Dogwood
  4. Other Maple
  5. Other

This morning's walk was a sensory extravaganza. I have found that the repetative motion of walking is very condusive to mindfullness/paying attention. This morning, the temperature was delightfully cool, but not cold. It smelled fresh because of the rain. There were occasional wafts of fireplace-smell. The birds were very vocal, especially the bluejays, who I think are plotting something. It looks like fall outside, just in time for Christmas. The maples put on quite a show this year, and the oaks are trying their hardest to catch up. Our oak's leaves are turning a sort of orangish color that will soon be brown, but it's a good effort anyway. There was also the sound of leaves crunching underfoot as we walked, which is in my top ten favorite sounds (which I will eventually probably list on here). By the way, I welcome reader lists via the "comments." There was a squirrel who I witnessed make a very daring leap from a fence to a telephone pole, and there was a black cat on the very top of a house (this was pointed out by Kev.) Some not-so-pleasantries this moring included siren noise, lawn equipment noise and stepping in poop, but one has to take the good with the bad I suppose.

Anyway, time to get to work.


No comments: