Monday, August 07, 2006

The Super Skunk Incident















When Kev was a little kid, he had a skunk toy named Super Skunk as a constant companion. One day, his family went out to dinner at Bonanza, or Ponderosa, or someplace like that, and Super Skunk was left behind and lost forever. This was a great tragedy, and it apparently scarred Kevin dramatically, because it always gets brought up whenever we visit Kev's parents. ("Remember that time I left Super Skunk at the Bonanza(?) and you wouldn't take me back to get him..."). I suppose they finally grew tired of the guilt trip, because on Saturday, Super Skunk II arrived on our doorstep. He is a puppet. Daphne loves him. But I think she's gonna have to fight her daddy for Super Skunk time.

Hey, are there still Bonanzas and Ponderosas?

2 comments:

K. said...

We were at a Rustler steakhouse that fateful night. And, I might add, a mere 5 minutes into the trip home when I realized he was AWOL and pleaded to go back, to no avail. I guess we must have been behaving badly at the restaurant or something.

I've never really gotten over the loss of Super Skunk. You might say he was my Mickey Balloon.

-K.

Tara said...

My Mickey balloon is never having an Easy Bake Oven. Daphne will have one for sure.