Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Words Words Words

The other day, Daphne was wearing her fruit dress, and I told Kev we should make a PPHPHB song about all the different fruits. It was then that Kev announced he doesn't like the word "fruit." Personally, I think "fruit" is a fine word, but I promised him I'd try not to say "fruit" if he would try not to say "dollop." I can't stand the word "dollop." But I really like the words "thwart," "fraught," and "disheveled." Those words probably wouldn't make a very good song, though.

3 comments:

john clarke said...

I have a severe problem with cute synonyms for food. "Veggies" and "munchies" are huge violators. For that matter, I have a problem with the word "snacks" as well.

Can't we all agree to call food what it is --- apple, pizza, potato chip or bread for example? Is it that hard?

K. said...

Gaaah!! Stop saying fruit!

I second the ban on words like "veggie". Please add "yummy" to this list.

-K.

Julie said...

Fruit Fruit
Dollop Dollop Dollop
Thrwart Thrwart-

The makings of some great vamping...