Thursday, January 18, 2007

Attempting to Blog...

I haven't blogged in forever, and I reckon I won't get much written now, but I'll try. The Peanut is napping, which never seems to last very long. Usually just long enough for me to make my lunch, but not eat it, for example.

In a nutshell, here is what's going on:

Daphne is getting her two bottom teeth. She has been ever-so-slightly crankier than usual, so it hasn't been too bad. She was having a little trouble sleeping, but that seems to have stopped. The best part of her teething is that she keeps us entertained with funny teething faces like the one in the last picture. Otherwise, she is doing great and is getting big and is more and more fun to hang out with every day.

For Christmas, I got some cool DVDs, including Sesame Street Old School which is episodes from the first few seasons of Sesame Street as well as classic cuts from the show. They are GREAT, and for some reason, the Peanut loves them. We can actually sit down and have a nice meal these days as long as we put her in her seat and turn on some classic Sesame Street. You can see in the first picture...she is absolutely glued to the tube. She gets really excited when Bert comes on (she has a Bert puppet) and starts squealing and sitting up straight. It's funny. I also got DVDs of the Electric Company, School House Rock, and Rocky and Bullwinkle. This is great because maybe it means I will never have to watch Dora or the Wiggles or whatever else the kids today watch. (I'll admit, I don't mind Curious George though.)


I have become obsessed with arts and crafts. My latest endeavor is hand-embroidery. I made this little bird t-shirt for Daphne last weekend, and I'm working on a sort of western-style shirt for me. I am also attempting to crochet a sweater for Daphne, but I am not too sure it is going to turn out looking much like a sweater. We'll see. I have discovered that there is a whole sub-culture of people out there who like to make stuff. They have clubs and get together and make stuff and have lots of fun doing so. I bet none of them have 7 month old babies though. Speaking of babies, guess who just woke up. Her nap totalled 18 minutes. Sigh.

Will try to blog more later. Hope you are all doing OK and having a good New Year so far. I'll leave you with a funny teething face photo. Please enjoy.

4 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Hey -- didn't know they had DVDs of old Sesame Streets and Electric Co.'s -- let alone Schoolhouse Rock. Nifty! Must add to my (ever-growing) ''To Get'' list.

Dora the Explorer is actually pretty good. Teaches kids Spanish (hey, yer in Texas...).

If you only get one Dora the Explorer DVD, I'd say get the ''Pirate Treasure'' one: It's basically a rock musical -- some pretty good songs! :)


--GG

Julie said...

I too like Dora- she cracks me up- I most like Boots! Love the pics- and the bird shirt! Very cute!

fooiemcgoo said...

I can dig the obession with TV. we started ours early on Blues-Clues, which i think is pretty good, what will all the horsemarm on TV today. she is now at a point where she watches an episode before her nap and before nighttime. I was concerned about the amount of TV for such a small person at first, but it actually helps her unwind and sleep better. I am still kinda wary, especially since she never breaks eye contact through the episode even if I am next to her talking to her, dancing, kissing her, flapping my arms, etc.

what are you thoughts about baby TV?

good to hear you are embracing a new crafy lifestyle. my wife recently got a sewing machine and i think is slowly on the same path.

I have to agree with GG about spanish. that is nice.

whitneydonkey said...

Baby D makes funny faces.

I always thought Baby Einstein would be lame, but I really like the dvds. They use alot of old toys like the ones in your cabinet.

I like the Winnie the Pooh movies too. They are pretty gentle.

We also dig the SpongeBob Squarepants box sets too, we have seasons 1 and 2. They are really, really funny.