Tuesday, January 02, 2007

No More Christmas



Well, the holidays are finally over. I hope all of you had a safe and happy Christmas/New Year. We had a great time in New York with Kev's family. I think the highlights for me were hearing Kev's dad sing at church, and the whole family watching Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas, and seeing the Peanut get to know her daddy's family better. She was so good on the trip. Now that we're back, I have to entertain her on my own. I'm afraid she's in for a little post-holiday let-down.

Usually, I have post holiday letdown too, but I don't think I will this year. Yesterday was Chritmas-tree-taking-down Day, which usually makes me cry, but not this year. I am glad to have the living room back and most of the clutter picked up. Friday, I am letting the baby spend the day with G-ma and G-pa while I clean the house and cook up some delicious jambalaya.

I am hoping that once I get the house back in order, I can find some time to play with my Christmas presents. I have so much fun stuff to do, just very little free time to do it. I've been working on figuring out all the features of my camera, so there will be new pictures on the Peanut Gallery soon...maybe tonight after dinner I can post some from our trip. I have sewing projects to do, more t-shirts I want to make, bird songs to learn, and...guess what...Kev gave me a BeDazzler! So I have things to BeDazzle too. You better watch out if I'm your secret Santa next year!

No New Years resolutions for me this year. I decided to quit trying (and failing) to be some kind of Super-Mom, and just do the best I can, and enjoy my little baby, because she is not so little anymore. We've already had to retire her Gymini and her baby bath tub. She keeps saying Dada, and today, she pulled herself up to standing at one of her new toys! It goes by too fast. I will say that the good part is that she is SO much easier to deal with these days. The meltdown is a very rare occurence.

OK, time to go do something productive while the Peanut naps. I am looking forward to everybody getting back into the habit of blogging.

Oh yeah, in NY we saw a cool hawk, and it even snowed a little bit one day. No snow in Dallas after all.

2 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

sounds like a wonderful holiday!
glad yall are back safe.

Julie said...

Yea! she is sounds like she is getting so big!!! I have to see her soon! I can't wait to see the bedazzler too- I want one of those but of course no time to do arts and crafts these days. We must have a arts and crafts day soon. I miss seeing you!