Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fun with Yarn

Tomorrow, my dad is coming over to watch the Peanut for a couple hours so I can go meet a couple of friends for coffee, adult conversation, and knitting. I have been looking forward to this all week. If someone had told me back in the days when I listened to Ratt that I would someday be all excited about getting up early and sitting around a coffee shop doing yarn crafts, I would have had a good laugh. But I'll tell you, I can't wait.

For my first knitting project, I've started on a little hat for Daphne. It's looking kinda sloppy, but I guess it's OK considering I have no idea what I'm doing. The friends I'm meeting are pros, so I hope to get some tips.

In non-craft related news, it snowed here today. But it was just that lame really wet snow that melts as soon as it hits the ground. This weather is crazy. I would wish for spring, except a wish for spring is a wish for summer to be closer.

It is the last day of January, and I failed once again to make a pie.

PS. I still sorta like Ratt.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You have become quite the home maker- I too am impressed. Now your going to coffee and knitting!!!!! OH my! Yes- HotStuffers need to get back together- we are losing you to the locals. :) Just kidding- I am happy you are finding some pros so Daphne's hat isn't so sloppy. :) I sure don't know how to knit. I LOVE the caplet and poor Pancho! made me sing to myself! :)

whitneydonkey said...

put some Ratt or Deep Purple on your ipod deal.
Your AB/CD shirt proves you are
still cool with me.
I was a little scared about the playgroup though and the hardcore craft group magazine you are getting mixed up with.
Promise you will visit me and Cheryl in Mineola.