Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Obsession Continues

Last weekend, I went a little nuts. On Friday, my parents kept the Peanut all day so I could clean my house and have some TaraTime. OH, how I needed some TaraTime! It was great. After I cleaned, I busted out my sewing machine, cleaned it up, and made a t-shirt dress for Daphne and a head-band thingy for me. The headband is something I saw last week at Urban Outfitter for like $16 and thought, I could make that. So I did. I have a lot of problems with the wind because of my hair, so every time we go for a walk at the lake I complain because the wind blows my hair into my face and it's a big drag. And I'd wear a hat, but then I'd have hat-head. So I needed a headband. I tested it out at the Arboretum on Saturday, and it worked great. Anyway, then on Saturday and Sunday, I crocheted myself a green mini-pancho (officially called a "capelet"). I was pretty happy with how it came out, and my mom liked it so much she asked me to make one for her. And did I mention I am teaching myself to knit? So, you see, I am officialy insane now. Poor Kev. I think he is worried I am going to start knitting him dorky sweaters. He hates sweaters. I don't know...maybe it is some kind of mommy thing making me want to practice domestic arts all the time. Whatever it is, I'm having fun.

The baby is doing great. I took her to a play group yesterday at my neighbor's house, and she had a great time. If I can learn to relax a little and let go of some of my germophobic angst, I will have fun too. The other moms were nice and there was soup and cookies.

Kev is recording a cool song. His new bass guitar and his trumpet are really making a difference in the sound of the PPHPHB. I can't wait until he is ready to record a song that features the melodica. He should do it soon while I am in my groove.

There are a whole bunch of robins in my back yard. Very unusual.

4 comments:

K. said...

Lets see some picture of the dress, headband, capelet, and bass guitar.

-K.

Julie said...

I agree- pics please! :)and maybe a sound bite!

whitneydonkey said...

what kind of soup was at the playgroup.
Did yall listen to smooth jazz or John Mayer?

Gye Greene said...

Didn't know -- or had forgotten -- about the bass guitar. Good to hear. Onwards and upwards! :)


-GG