Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mall Walking

Today is a kind of yucky day, so I took the Peanut to the mall to stroll around. She is sleeping it off, and I am blogging. Every time I go to the mall, I stroll through Anthropologie. http://www.anthropologie.com/jump.jsp?itemID=0&itemType=HOME_PAGE

Do you have this store at your mall? They have the most awesome clothes. Especially skirts.

As I stroll through Anthropologie, this is what I say in my head:

Seventy-eight dollars! I could make that. Fifty-six dollars! I could make that. A hundred and thirty nine dollars! I could make that.

And so forth.

It is time, my friends, to get out my machine and do some sewing.

The key to the stuff at Anthropologie is the fabric. I need to know where these people get their cool fabric. Then I could make all the stuff for way cheaper, and maybe I could finally be the modern urban mom I want to be. My orange shoes have just about had it. And they don't have them on the Lands End web-site anymore, so I can't replace them.

Daphne loves going to the mall. Her favorite things are the guy who plays the piano by the escalators at Nordstrom (he is fabulous), the big spouting fountains by La Madeleine, and the window at Puzzle Zoo toy store which has a giant Big Bird, and other huge stuffed animals. She looks at it and squeals with delight. All the people at the mall like her red hair. I do too. She is a good little baby.

2 comments:

whitneydonkey said...

down by Sam Moons orig store, there is an import fabric store.
Haunt that place and you will be fine. $2.00 a yard for stuff.
Also, the corner of Midway and Beltline, By the Yard or something like that. Good stuff there too.
Talk to JOJO.

fooiemcgoo said...

I admire that you can make clothes like that.