Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Pie at Last!!!





This morning my dad came over to play with the Peanut so I could cook some stuff. I made cream of wild mushroom soup, some meatballs (some to go with the sauce I made Monday, and some to freeze), and as you can see, I finally had a chance to use my new awesome apple peeler/corer/slicer gadget to make this apple pie. My house smells like Christmas in Italy. My dad said it is one of the best apple pies he's ever tasted, so thanks to him for watching Daphne so I could make it, and a very special thanks to Kev's mom for the recipe, and his sister for the awesome apple peeler/corer/slicer gadget. All y'all should get one of these gadgets. If you are worried that it is a one trick pony, you should know that it can also be used for potatoes and probably other stuff, but I haven't read the instruction booklet all the way through yet. Even if it DID only do apples, it's worth it for the pie. I will see if I can get permission from Kev's mom to post the recipe. It's really easy to make.

2 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

I wish you were my mom and you made me a pie.

Tara said...

Dangit, Foo...I'm not THAT old!