Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Summertime

To celebrate what we have left of spring, I took the Peanut to the Arboretum today. It is getting hot, so I decided to put on sandals in spite of the sorry state of my feet (so neglected and unsightly!), and short pants, in spite of the fact that my legs, which haven't seen the light of day for several years, might reflect the sun and possibly blind some innocent Arboretum patrons. "I will get some sun!" I thought. And I need to if I plan to wear the $19.98 orange Anthropologie skirt on Saturday night. Well, I don't think I got much sun, so I'll have to go check my cabinets for some sun-in-a-bottle, left over from a couple summers ago. (Will it still work? Does it expire?) What I DID get, though, was a giant blister from my sandals, which is a drag not only because it is painful, but also because it is going to shoot the wheels off my plans to finally cash in a pedicure gift certificate I got for Christmas. I was going to do it on Friday. Dangit. With all that said, the Arboretum is beautiful and we had a great time. Daphne likes the waterfalls and fountains best.

2 comments:

Melissa Jo said...

Tara,
This is melissa, Fooie's wife! We just got the t-shirt you made for alex and tim's cool magnet! we were both VERY excited with the surprises! How fun to get fun surprises in the mail! alex is proudly wearing her monkey t-shirt today! if i could find my camera i would send you a picture of her in it. i'll work on that! i read your other blogs about anthropologie! i'm soooo jealous you have an actual store to look at! i drool over the site quite frequently and send email hints to tim with items i must have! ha!
anyway, thanks again! that was so thoughtful and sweet! and the t-shirt truly rocks!

Melissa Jo said...

one more thing, if you make anthropolgie clothes, i would most definately purchase them from you! that'd be great! you're on your way to making a million!