Friday, June 15, 2007

Suave Fraud

Have you seen that commercial where it flashes through the stages of this girl's life, and by the end, she has a kid and she's sorta all beaten down and disheveled and wearing clothes that look like she borrowed them from Elmer Fudd? It says something like, "Have you let yourself go?" But then, she gets some Suave and everything changes. That commercial makes me so mad. Apparently, her bottle of Suave came with a make-up artist and hair stylist, a brand new wardrobe, a full time maid and nanny, and some serious energy-boosting supplements. Stupid TV. If all it took was a $2 bottle of Suave to be like that lady, I wouldn't be sitting here in my housepants with no make-up, on about three hours of sleep because the baby got shots yesterday and didn't sleep well, eating Peanut Butter Puffins for lunch, watching the Backyardigans in my cluttered house, and wearing a very small hat because if I take it off Daphne will cry.

In better commercial related news, my friend Troy is in a Lowes commercial. I have not seen it, because I don't think people who only watch Noggin are Lowes' target market, but apparently, he comes into the store trying to match a paint color to a large purple teddy bear. Or something like that. So, shout out to Troy, who is cool.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey- it is a purple walrus- it is funny- and I finally saw it a couple weeks ago- He actually opens the spot and closes it- pretty good deal- sadly they aren't planning to move back here till next year- dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K. said...

Somebody needs a nap.

Gye Greene said...

Suave: Hm. Maybe it takes **two** bottles...

Very small hat: Love it. :) (Post a pic?)


--GG