This video clip has nothing to do at all with this blog post, but I don't like having posts with no pictures, so enjoy. It is dedicated to my cousin's wife, Stefanie, because whenever she thinks of Daphne, she thinks of snorting. Long story, but not really blog-worthy. So, there you go.
Anyway, I have an itchy trigger finger. And when I say that, I mean I have an itchy pedal foot. And when I say that, I mean I want to sew something.
It's been a long time coming.
Here is what I want to sew:
- First, cloth napkins. We use way too much paper in this family. That is going to stop.
- Some sort of small pouch with a long skinny strap that I can sling over my shoulder for when I walk somewhere and don't want to carry my whole purse. Just big enough for money, keys, hand sanitizer, and lip balm. And possibly my evian refreshing mist spray bottle. The essentials.
- A pillowcase dress (or 2) for Daphne to wear when we go to the beach later this summer.
- A couple of market bags. My Central Market ones have seen better days. And they aren't very fashionable.
- Some sort of cool summery shirt for me.
The possiblity of ANY of this actually happening seems small. The only time I have to sew is naptime and night time. Night time is right out. There is no way. I fell asleep on the couch within 10 minutes after I put Daphne to bed last night. Naptime might work, but I fear naps are phasing out. I put Daphne down for her nap an hour ago, and she's still awake. She has called me upstairs three times. First, she had to potty. (She really did, so that's OK). Then she was thirsty. Then, she wanted a lullaby. Now, you know that if someone is requesting to hear ME sing, it is a stall tactic and nothing else. I just told her that we could make lemonade later if - and only if - she goes to sleep. I think that did the trick. All these trips up and down the steps are wearing me out. Anyway, if there is any progress at all on this list, it will be blogged. But don't hold your breath.
Now, I am going to look through some patterns I have in case the opportunity arises...