Monday, December 12, 2011

WIP (Weekend In Pictures)


Inside Bag Number 10, on Saturday morning, were some fancy chocolate-coated peppermint marshmallows and a note that said, "Time for hot chocolate."  Perfect timing, because it was nigh upon the annual Leesburg Christmas Parade (excuse me, the Leesburg Christmas and Holiday Parade, as it's now known).  And it was pretty cold outside.


So, we drank hot chocolate and watched the parade.  Here it comes:





There were lots of scout troops marching and passing out candy.  Daphne's school made a float (they were the only school that did...I really love Daphne's school).  Below are the Principal (right) and Assistant Principal carrying the banner:





And here is a happy kid, all full of hot chocolate and with a bag full of candy at her side, giving a wave


to Santa!



Living on the parade route is a really cool thing which I do not take for granted.  I am very thankful that we don't have to drive to it and find parking and all that, and I am glad Daphne will have this in her set of childhood memories.  ('Cause she's probably never going to Disney).  (Just kidding).  (But only sorta).

Saturday afternoon was the Big Princess Birthday Party.  It was a LOT of work but it went very well and the customer seemed pleased.  The little girl LOVED it, but it probably matters more that the mommy did.  But I think we did well for our first gig.  Glad it's over.  I got home just in time to see Santa on his annual trip down our cul-de-sac on the fire truck.  I would have been really sad if I'd missed it.  Thanks to Kev for watching Daphne all day so I could go to work.  She started coming down with a cold that afternoon and is home from school today, still sick.

Yesterday, we all needed a break, so Bag number 11 declared it was Family Day.  I got to pick breakfast (baked oatmeal - yum!),  Daphne got to pick a board game (Wildlife Memory), and Kev got a new Ukulele Christmas music book for Family Band Time, which we had up in the attic.  Here is Daphne as One-Man-Band:


We were also supposed to go pick out an ornament for this year, but skipped it since Daphne was sick.  We did decide to go to a drive-through Nativity last night, though, since you didn't have to leave the car.  We even wore our pajamas.  Which turned out to be a good thing, because Daphne fell asleep in the car before we even entered the scene.  The line of cars was miles long and really really slow.  We left the house at about 7:00, and it was almost 9:30 when we got home.  The church was only five minutes from the house!  So, Daphne, who could actually breathe because she was sitting straight up, fell sound asleep while we were still out on the highway.  Kev would have fallen asleep too, but he was driving so I wouldn't let him.  At last, we made it to see Baby Jesus:


and some camels:



and the rest of the production, which was really nice but maybe not totally worth the wait in line for two hours with a sick, sleeping kid.  I was disappointed that she missed it.  She would have liked it I think.

Today I am going to try to get some things done, like Christmas cards and other little house projects, but I know it won't be easy with Daphne home from school.  That's OK, though.  I guess a little rest, even if it's forced, might be good for me.  Better go check on the sick kid now.  Hope your weekend was good too!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Totally forgot that Daphne had a kid-sized drum kit. Neat-o!

--GG