Tuesday, January 03, 2012

And, We're Off!


Hello, and welcome to 2012.  I have just posted 58 pictures on Flickr from Christmas Vacation.  There is no way I can possibly catch up in detail, so I will just say we had a great break.  Daphne loved her Christmas gifts, we had a great time in New York (aside from Daphne's driveway face-plant), and we got some actual recording done during New Year's weekend.  The Palo Pinto House Pants House Band is back in action, featuring our new lead singer and keyboard player, Daphne.  And I got to play drums and melodica!  So much fun.  New songs coming soon.

Today, everyone went back to work and school, and it was quiet in the house.  I went to the grocery store, but didn't get much else done.  I have to take down Christmas, which is daunting and can wait until tomorrow, or maybe even the next day.  I also have to start thinking about Girl Scouts again as our next meeting and cookie sales computer entries are looming.  But first, I am taking a couple of days to ease into the new year by doing things I WANT to do instead of things I HAVE to do.  I have books to read and sweaters to start knitting and blogs to blog.  Christmas was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was a LOT of work, and I was still doing projects on Christmas Eve in spite of my early start.  I have a lot to contemplate and consider before next Christmas.  Perhaps there are ways to simplify. 

The new year is off to a great start, and Big Plans have been swirling around my brain and keeping me awake.  I have decided not to do the Project 365 photo thing this year.  I made it through 2011 and only forgot to take a picture once, which I think is pretty good.  I really enjoyed doing it, and I will probably have the project made into a blog book.  But one year is enough.  I didn't take a single picture yesterday, and it was nice to not have any pressure to do so.

This year, Kev suggested that instead of the picture-a-day thing, I do something with food as a separate blog.  We tried three new recipes on New Year's Day, and I think that will be a good start.  Then maybe at the end of this year, I'll have something I can have printed into a cookbook to give to Daphne when she's on her own.  I am excited about it.  So, stay tuned for details.

Of course, if I start putting the food stuff in a separate blog, it doesn't leave much to write about in this one, so I will have to come up with something entertaining.  Wish me luck.

Tonight we are having make-your-own pizza night, but that is a subject for a different blog.  I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season and are enjoying 2012 so far. 

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Food blog: Well, one work-around would be to put the food-related-entries in your food blog, and then in your "main" blog you could just link to the newest "food blog" entry. :)


--GG