For Christmas last year (2010), my brother got me a Kindle. I love my Kindle. I wasn't sure I would love it, but I do. And because I have a Kindle, it is very easy for me to look at my home page now and make a list of the books I read in 2011. In order, even!. And I do love a good list. So here we go:
- Life - Keith Richards
- Skippy Dies - Paul Murray
- The Help - Kathryn Stockett
- Does the Noise in my Head Bother You - Steven Tyler
- The Adults - Alison Espach
- Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand
- Room - Emma Donoghue
- Someone Named Eva - Joan M. Wolf
- The Man in the Rockefeller Suit - Mark Seal (which I started in 2011, but finished in 2012)
Hmm. That's 10 books in 12 months. Not bad, but I'd like to read more this year.
Yesterday I started my first complete Kindle book of 2012, 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I have never read a book by Stephen King, or seen any of the movies. But I have to tell you, I am totally into it so far (9% of the way). So thanks to my brother for the recommendation. I'm always looking for good books to read.
Now if I can just get some knitting going...