Friday, April 12, 2013

The Groove


Daphne is on her last 2 days of medicine.  The weather has been delightful.  The flowers are blooming.  And I am getting my groove back.

Signs of the groove:
  • Making time for hanging out with friends
  • Spending time on the porch
  • Going for walks
  • Returning to my Pilates class
  • Eating less bad food
These things have all happened this week.  Tonight, I am going out to dinner with Kev.  If I can just get my house cleaned up and start knitting again and get some Girl Scout stuff done, I will be in full on Groove.

Baby steps.

Meanwhile, my mood has improved 100%.  This is the cherry tree in my back yard:


And the one in the side yard is about to burst forth into pink greatness:


It is easier to be in a good mood in the spring.  I am choosing to just appreciate that, and not dwell on the impending summer.  (And apparently the impending return of the 17 year cicadas). 

The weekend looks promising.  Temps in the 60s, no plans on Saturday, and a day at the Girl Scout Camp on Sunday where there will be hiking and s'mores.  As long as no one gets sick, my groove is in good shape.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Stay tuned...

No comments: