Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hmmm...


Today I went to JoAnn's in search of the Perfect Button.  This is going to be more difficult than I thought!  I think the button choice is going to make or break this sweater, so I really want to choose wisely.  Here is the first problem, though.  You can't buy 44 of the same button at the craft store.  They have maybe 20, tops, of a single button design.  Secondly, unless I drag my sweater in there with me, I really can't know what works.  I bought a little 4-pack of the ones above, and didn't really love them once I got them home.

The quest continues...

Update:  After looking around at some of the 3000-something other Owl Sweaters people have posted on line, I noticed that many people chose to only sew eyes on ONE of the owls, in the front, over the heart...sort of like a brooch.  I like this idea!  And it would be a LOT easier.  A lot of other people made some really bad button choices and it brought their sweaters down a notch.  I have some thinking to do...

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Ah! Yep, just the single "owl" makes sense. :)

-GG