Monday, April 14, 2014

Road Trip - Day 4


It rained all morning, and we did errands and went to lunch with my mom.  Then, I got a pedicure.  Now my toes are purple and I'm all ready for springtime and flip-flops.  Except now it's supposed to snow tonight.


Daphne spent the afternoon hanging out in the garage with Grandpa.


I went to dinner with my brother at the grilled cheese place in Louisville.


My sandwich was great, but the soup was just OK.  Needed seasoning.


The star of the show was dessert.  First, there was a s'more with chocolate, marshmallow mascarpone, and graham crackers.  Then there was a glazed donut, which was sliced in half and turned inside out.  Then they stuck the s'more between the donut slices and grilled the whole thing like a grilled cheese.  This thing is genius.  What a great idea.  Elvis would have loved it.

This vacation food is going to kill me.  


After dinner, we went to a good record store.  I got She and Him Vol. 3 and an Iron and Wine radio broadcast thing on vinyl, and the new Beck CD.  Louisville is really cool.  I don't think a lot of people know that.  Seriously, there is a lot going on there.

Now, we're watching the Rangers.


Chief is sound asleep, upside down on the couch.  Another good day.

Tomorrow, we're taking my grandma to lunch.  Possibly in the snow.  I will be having a salad.

No comments: