Thursday, April 27, 2006

At Last

Just arrived home to find construction on our addition is FINALLY underway. There is a dumpster on the lawn, and some very exciting-looking noisy trucks digging up dirt out back. Maybe they will let us use some of the dirt to level our back yard so it won't be a swamp next time it rains. Anyway, I am glad Kev isn't here, because I think he would feel a little sad about not getting to drive the cool trucks himself. I bet if they leave the trucks here overnight, Kev will go sit on them. I might even go sit on them myself. They are cool. I took some cokes out to the two workers. I think they appreciated it. I am happy to report that at least for now, we still have TV, so I shouldn't have to miss the Office tonight (which is a new episode, by the way). At some point though, the Dish is gonna have to come down, and unless we find a temporary spot for it, we will be without TV for the duration of the building. That wouldn't be so bad, except the Mavs are in the middle of the play-offs, and I don't want to miss it. I think they really have a shot this year. If they can just get past the Spurs. Ooooh, that Mike Bibby makes me crazy. And don't even get me started on Tim Duncan. Go Mavericks!

PS. Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies looks like he comes from Jesus' time.

3 comments:

Larry Feathers said...

I think you're confusing whitish point guards. Tony Parker plays for San Antonio. Mike Bibby is on the Kings.

Sincerely,
Sports Dork

Tara said...

Oh yeah. Thanks. I don't like those Kings either. They always cause trouble for the Mavericks. I don't really mind Tony Parker so much.

Bleach said...

All I have to say is the only reason i pay any attention to the Mavericks is because of you all. And they better make it through the playoffs...If they can't do it now there is something seriously wrong in Texas.