Monday, April 03, 2006

Serenity Now!

I have just witnessed the garbage men once again hurl my trash bin thoughtlessly onto my lawn, but I am not going to let it bother me today. I am calm and serene. It's all good.

We had a nice weekend. We went to Dallas Blooms at the arboretum on Satruday morning. It was raining, but that was fine. We had a little picnic lunch and walked around looking at the tulips and azaleas. It is beautiful there.

It stopped raining out, and we had dinner on the porch, as well as breakfast on Sunday morning. It is threatening to get hot, so we are enjoying the outdoors while we can. I made a jambalaya, and it turned out good, so I was pretty proud of it. No kitchen disasters this weekend.

Last night we took a walk and saw some bats. I think bats are cool (unless they are flying at my head which happened one night last summer), and I hope they stick around and eat the mosquitos that torment us every year.

On previous recent walks and outings, we have seen unicyclists on parade and a pair of bag-pipers. So you never know what you might see if you go outside and pay attention.

The Peanut is most likely coming nine weeks from today. The final countdown has begun. I hope that will be enough time to pick a name.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Julie said...

quiet nights in the backyard! very nice- peanut will love that in her pack and play!!! listening to the birdies!! I went to dallas blooms the weekend before last the tulips were beautiful!!! I will post some pics if i ever get to posting from home!! glad you dr visit went well!! yippee!! she is coming soon!