Wednesday, April 19, 2006

People Watching, Etc.

On Sunday night, Kev and I decided to go out for a nice Easter desserty treat. Actually, I was craving dessert and wanted a treat, and Kev just went along for the ride. We went to Mockingbird Station. Our favorite gelato shop was closed, so we sat on the balcony of the Trinity Hall pub and ordered a creme brulee (which we split) and some coffee (decaf). There was a nice breeze and there were lots of people-watching opportunities, as there usually are at Mockingbird Station. This time I noticed a sort of alarming trend...men wearing capri pants. I suppose it was only a matter of time. In fact, I think Kev predicted it about two years ago. I tried to picture Kev in capri pants, but I just couldn't. Maybe if it catches on, I'll get used to it, but now I think it just kind of looks weird. If you are a boy, and you have a hot capri pants opinion, please feel free to share.

As I am trying to avoid any and all production of cortisol, I shall refrain from commenting on the 101 degree day we had on Monday.

Today I had a sonogram, so I got to see the baby, which was cool. The first time, she looked like a peanut (hence the name), the second time, an alien, but this time she looked very human. The doctor noticed some hair on the back of her head. I hope she doesn't come out with a mullet.

Mavs play-offs basketball starts this weekend, so that is exciting.

When I was young and still lived at home, whenever we would have pizza delivered, LarryFeathers would make someone else answer the door. Then he would hide around the corner and make goat noises while we paid the dude for the pizza. It was pretty funny. Feel free to try it next time you get delivery.

3 comments:

marty said...

Are capri pants for guys considered JAMS? They were around for a brief stint in the 80's

Tara said...

No, jams are a little different. Jams were more like surfer-dude extra long shorts, but the new men capri pants are solid colored and fitted, like women's capris. At least the ones I've seen. They seem to be worn by college-age hipster kid types who work in Urban Outfitters.

Gye Greene said...

Capri pants: Useful for wading, I suppose.

Otherwise, ambiguously not-shorts, not-trousers. Kinda like the three-quarter length sleves. I don't like 'em on men OR women, myself. ;)

(Sorry: None of that was brilliantly insightful.)


--GG