Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Pickle Price

If there are three things I can't stand, they are pickles, mustard, and saurkraut. The other night, Kev had all three for dinner, and the smell was about to knock me out, and to make matters worse, I accidentally got some saurkraut (am I spelling that right? It doesn't look right to me) on my hand. Kev is lucky I will prepare him a dinner that includes these things. I know others who won't even touch the mustard jar. I don't blame them...I avoid it whenever possible. Anyway, "I will give you five dollars to eat a pickle," said Kev as we headed to the table with our plates, mine full of a good club sandwich, his full of kryptonite. Maybe it was ten dollars. Whatever amount, it was pitiful. "No way," I replied, grimacing. "How much would I have to pay you, then?" asked Kev. "Three hundred dollars," I replied without hesitation. Then Kev told me that if someone came along offering me $50 to eat a pickle, I'd better take it and I said no way, and that it would cost even more to get me to eat mustard. The aftermath of such an eating exhibition would not be worth it. Then Kev announced that he'd eat eel if someone came along with some and offered to pay him fifty bucks.

There used to be a shaved ice shop down the street that had pickle flavor shaved ice. I won't even tell you about the pickle smoothie, made by someone who may or may not read this blog. The worst is when you get a sandwich at a shop and they put a pickle in the basket and the pickle stuff gets all over your bread and chips. Pickles. Bleh.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

I think your high price for not eating pickles makes more sense than Kevin's $50 for eating eel. Eel **sounds** weird, but I ate it without knowing what it was, at a sushi bar, and it's basically just slightly strong fish.

Unless he means eat the whole thing, or raw, or something...

(As you probably know, ''sushi'' is a generic term like ''sandwich''; only some types of sushi involves raw fish.) ;)

Cool superhero-type weakness, BTW.

--GG

whitneydonkey said...

we made fried pickles at Snuffers once. They were good.

Nice of Kev not to eat the triple threat in front of you when you were preg.

Bob likes limas...he has to cook his own. I don't like the smell or taste. I'll sit there with them, but I don't like it!

Julie said...

Are you talking about my pureed (sp?) pickles? I LOVE pickles- only dill ones- I gues sweet pickles are okay but only in the relish form on hot dogs.

Yes I did pure' dill pickles when I had my mouth wired shut. I had to have the taste and the juice just wouldn't do it for me. :)