Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Revolution!

Monday was Columbus Day. Tuesday I had to do some errands. So I went shopping. Keep in mind it was October 10th, and incidently it was also 80 degrees, and guess what was happening. All the shops I went into were putting up their CHRISTMAS displays. Ornaments everywhere. Holiday candies. Stockings. For crying out loud. It was almost enough to make me say some swear words. (I didn't!). Do we really need 3 months of Christmas being shoved down our throats? No wonder everyone hates Christmas. Now is the time to rise up against the Evil Retail Machine and put a stop to the Over-Christmasing of America. Who's with me?

5 comments:

K. said...

Me!

Gye Greene said...

The Lady and I noticed this today, as well, when running errands.

In Aussie-land, though, this kinda makes sense: No other major (merchandiseable) holidays between now and then.

But in the U.S. -- no Halloween displays? No T-Giving stuff? Kind of odd.


--GG

Bleach said...

I am with you!! Exploding ornaments!

fooiemcgoo said...

But, the retailers think Christmas is underexploited.

I thought about this real hard and my nose started bleeding.

whitneydonkey said...

Is it already time to put that 30 foot inflatable snowman that Tara loves in my front yard??